Translate

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Dont let your heart wander.

In the last two months I have seen a few people lose people that mean more than the world to them.
In the last few years I have lost a few people very important to me.
After each time of loss it is a normal thing to be refreshed that life can be gone in the blink of an eye and your loved ones can lose you or you lose them. But after a period of time the pain fades and we all jump back to normal and seem forget that fact...

Dont let your heart wander...

Dont let it wander from the love. Im not saying that in a you may stop loving kind of scenario. Im talking about not letting it wander to the point of not loving and living each day with your family and friends with the reassurance of that love.

I am one of those that do that... and after each death (some take longer to get over than others) I have that bounce back phase. Where I semi try to forget im order to stop the pain. Which pushes me to forget that sometimes life isn't as beautiful as I think it should be.

We shouldn't forget about those souls. We should celebrate what they have done for us.

When my best friend passed 5 years ago I was angry. Angry at him, angry at me and angry at everyone else. This was an incorrect action but its one of the steps to acceptance.  This I now know. I can now talk about him with great joy at great memories.  This is the correct action.

Yesterday when I found out about the death or another important person in my life, all those angry feelings came back. But today I am determined to not let her death be in vain. I refuse to harbor resentment or anger... I choose to rejoice in her LIFE. She had such a beautiful life.

I will not forget that even if ive told my kids 10 times in one day I love them 11 times wont hurt. That even if ive hugged and kissed my husband be for work already, one more for the road is ok. That patience and understanding even during a situation that I dont quite understand is important. 

I will not let my heart wander.
Don't let yours.

1 comment:

  1. YOU are part of her legacy! That's all she ever asked to leave behind, Emily. She'd be so proud.... I am proud of you today. I love you!

    ReplyDelete