Translate

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Happiness in a dream

Children.
They are a gift. A gift you love, protect and make sacrifices for.

Being a mother is never a right. It is a privilege. A privilege to carry them, protect them, love them, teach them to respect and show care and to give up your own dreams to make sure theirs take form.

Being a father isn't based on what's YOURS. Or what you control. It is based on what you are willing to do for your children, change for your children, to be there for your children and how you love your children. Your children are not given to you to control. They are given to you to raise and show how to live a better life than even you do yourself. To care for others and to have a loving heart.

A parent always wants better for their children than they had for themselves.

I grew up in a home where my parents would tell me
"you can be anything you want to be"
"Fairytales do exist prince charming is out there"
"I love you as big as the sky and only Jesus loves you more"

Needless to say I had a pretty amazing childhood. But still my desire for my children is for theirs to be BETTER.

I want my children to reach for the stars and know that they are never out of their reach.

If my daughter wants to be a lawyer, you bet I'll buckle up and stand beside her study the terms and help her soar. Her mind is going to be something worth reckoning with.

If my oldest boy wants to be a famous athlete I will stand on the sidelines at every game and cheer him on win or lose because he will always be a winner to me.

If my youngest son wants to be a musician. I will stand backstage and watch my boy shine. His presence demands attention.

If they want to work in call centers, in a box factory, as a bus driver I will ask them daily about the things that made them smile.

I have three dreams. Yes, three.

My children's dreams.

What they hope for and wish for.

What they will work for and achieve.

Not a single thing will be out of their reach because mommy will always be standing behind them, reminding them how incredibly remarkable they are.

No matter how big or how small their dreams, my children will be phenomenal.

Because all I want for them is one thing.

Their happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment