Translate

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

No that's not a baby in my belly...

I remember hearing stories all around of women getting confused as being pregnant when they arent.
I also remember feeling humiliated for both parties.
But I could find shocked humor in the story because well... it wasn't me who said it or me who received it.

I couldn't imagine that it happened to often. I mean come on who gets mistaken for pregnant if they aren't? I've never really had it mistaken for me and I've never mistaken someone as being pregnant.

I had someone ask me if I was pregnant once when my oldest was 6 months old. I was offended. But two days later I found out I was. I shoved it off as they had a feeling haha.

As most mommas know when you grow a human inside of you its common to gain weight. To develop a pooch. And to never get rid of it.

After my daughter was born in October, I had grown a total of 3 humans inside me. Quite an accomplishment if you ask me ;)

Between 3 babies in 4 years and just the fact that I'm almost 30, my body doesn't bounce back like it used to.

Mid December I had my first ever moment of being questioned "is it a boy or a girl this time?"

I had my husband, both boys and my 2 month old daughter with me and sadly I think that was even more humiliating.

It was a sweet elderly lady who meant no harm and was sincerely wanted to spread congratulations.  But at that moment I didn't find her sweet, adorable and I certainly wasn't fining humor in it either.

It took my husband reassuring me over and over and me being extremely self insecure for a couple weeks.

I have grown three humans.  I have the body that some may look at and find less than perfect.  But I brought 3 perfect creations into this world and for that I see myself as beautiful.

But note to all.  Never assume a woman is pregnant don't even mention it unless she is obviously about to pop or has told you herself that she is.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment