Translate

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 you showed me something more

2015. What can I say about you? I really am having bittersweet emotions about you now.

You started off with a blessing of finding out I was pregnant. That was pretty amazing.

Then swiftly after gave us a trial that was extensive, intense and quite frankly. Long.
Daniel's injury followed by multiple complications with my pregnancy leading to a car accident. Making me doubt my abilities as a wife and a mother.

But in those moments you gave us the visual emotional and physical evidence of amazing friends that we have. From being blessed financially, emotionally, with food, childcare, parties to celebrate baby Kass (even though at times i struggled to celebrate my pregnancy myself), baby items, easter baskets, maternity clothes, baby clothes, items to sell in a garage sale, rides, visits, even just the willingness to want to help or even the desire if they were unable.

And for me what many of our friends gave me was space.
Thank you for that.

By August I was ready for you to leave 2015.

I felt out of place and pretty useless at 32 weeks pregnant being unable to work, or drive. Feeling overwhelmed with another litter of puppies (no more by the way, she's fixed ;))

My own insecurities caused great issues in my relationship with my husband. I was angry at you 2015...

Then came October.  I went into labor two days before my scheduled c section. And I was blessed with a beautiful gift. My baby girl.
For her I will be eternally grateful to you 2015.

You can leave now. Don't worry I will never forget you. For as many amazing moments, terrible moments and moments that you opened my eyes to the beautiful people around me. I have learned. I promise I will remember you fondly.

I do hope 2016 and I enjoy our time together more though! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment