Translate

Monday, September 29, 2014

Dreams and tea

I didnt get to pick up my youngest, Parker fron school today and he apparently missed me because he's been all about the snuggles.

So as I'm sitting holding him my lazy butt 3 year old kyden is on the couch and wants his tea off the table that is only two feet in front of him.

This is our conversation...

"Mommy will you get me my tea?"

"No im holding your brother. You are perfectly capable of getting up and getting it."

"No mommy its stuck you have to help me"

"No kyden it isnt."

He then stands up puts his hands around his cup and starts grunting but doesnt pick it up and turn and sits back down.

"See mommy I told you its stuck."

*face palm*

Funny story yes. But it makes me think that my little bear is showing me to a more dramatic length what a lot of people in the world do.  I'm often like this myself.  Something we want is right at our fingertips there for us to just grab a hold of and take and we often give up to soon or like my son... Are just too lazy...

Unfortunately many of never stretch ourselves to our fullest potential when we are lazy and give up all the time.

What would have happened if some of the most influential people of all time gave up or got lazy?

Where would we be if Martin Luther King Jr. gave up because his dream was a difficult one.

Or what if Elvis Presley had given up when his music was called rebellious noise?

We wouldn't be where we are today without the dreams of many people.

What if every important discovery wasnt discovered because of laziness or giving up.

Every dream is worth something.

Even a cup of tea ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment