Translate

Monday, October 10, 2016

Time crept up on me...

Days like today hurt...
The days I look at my baby girl,  4 days from turning one and giving myself the silent reminder that she is my last baby.
Days that I look at my boys and realize at 4 and 5 that they have developed an independence in so many things that I feel a little less needed.
Days that I feel like life is passing by just a bit to fast.
These are the days that I think back on being a kid and having my parents tell me to stop wanting to grow up so fast because one day I won't be able to slow it down, and to believe them that I'd want to.
They warned me.
I have had to have the discussion with my boys when they have said to me "mom I'm not your baby, I'm a kid" and explain to them that they will in fact always be my babies... even when they are 28 like me.
I look back on my life and think of the times I couldn't wait to be grown and make my own decisions. How I felt time move so slowly.
Now I'd give back every moment of begging for it to speed up just to have it slow down.
One day my children will look at me and be wishing the exact same thing... and I will repeat the line my mother told me...
Stop trying to grow up so fast because one day you won't be able to slow it down even if you want to...
Right now I'll hold on tight... because I don't ever want them to let go...
But I'll watch them change into amazing individuals, and teach them to succeed. They will be great. They will surprise even me, their biggest fan with their abilities.
But for now... I'll keep begging time to just slow down...

No comments:

Post a Comment